We are nominated in this year’s Fit-out awards in the Category :
Fit-Out project of the Year – Small office over € 500k
More photos HERE
Here a few more details of the project:
- What was the brief?
The rapidly expanding Fin Tech company CurrencyFair needed a new space to house over 125 employees on two floors of this 3-storey existing office building. The brief required the creation of a variety of different spaces to facilitate individual and collaborative work. The scheme comprises open plan office space, meeting rooms, team spaces, a large canteen, a games room and a relaxation area
- Execution: What was your concept and how did you fulfil the brief?
– to create areas with varied qualities that are conducive to different ways of working and collaborating
– The main challenge was to create individual zones for six core teams of up to 8 members each: Separated enough to not disturb other teams during daily team stand-up talks, yet connected enough that the teams feel part of the bigger whole
– Facilitate maximum interaction between employees and overcome the divide of being on separate floor plates
Fulfilling the Brief:
– The zoning for the core teams created its own design language out of functional requirements: desk cluster for 8 people, stand-up space with large write-up wall for briefings / presentations for the whole team, a small meeting area where small informal meetings between team members can be held.
– Spatially, S-shaped curved walls served best to create individual zones. These freestanding walls change constantly in height: highest where they act as a write-on wall and an acoustic buffer, lowest where they cradle small circulated seated groups
– These walls curving in plan and elevation create incredibly dynamic spaces, that constantly change when one moves through them.
– The highly social spaces, canteen and games room are deliberately designed to be located on one floor to encourage staff movement between the floors